Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sun, Dirt, Sweat and Happiness

I'm so happy that it's spring in southern California. Usually my favorite seasons are fall and winter but this year I am ready for summer! Although now that I think about it I'm not ready for the ants and all the bugs that come with the warmer weather. But the thought of being stuck inside on another cold day is not pleasant either. I'm probably feeling this way because of the endorphins released from the sunshine. Regardless, it's nice. And it gave me the energy to plant today.

Before:

After:

Ok, the truth is that the dead weed picture is a current picture of my "grass". I know, not really grass anymore. But soon we'll be laying fresh sod. The after picture is my "planter" right next to the stone patio and next to the "grass" area. I realized I hadn't taken a picture of the planter before. Trust me, it wasn't any better than my "grass" area. Definitely a HUGE improvement from what it was. I'm hoping the 'birds of paradise' can survive the heat of my backyard. No joke- it gets to be 105 in the summer. It's hot! Fingers crossed they live.....we shall see!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails