Monday, March 29, 2010

Easter Brainstorming

Now that the Bakery orders are done, I can focus all creative vibes on Easter. I'm seriously thinking about doing some crafting..... hmmm....ok, thought about it. Not doing any - LOL! I think I'll limit all self-inflicted craziness to the cooking. I only have one week! Actually, 6 days to be exact. And I'm planning to do some CRAZY cooking! I was looking through my "Cooking Lite Magazine" and found an amazing Easter spread. I'm definitely doing some of the dishes. Check it out:

Deviled Eggs with Smoked Salmon and Herbs:

Recipe:http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1973624

These sound really yummy but to help cut some of the cost I might leave out the salmon. It still sounds good to me with all the fresh herbs.

Carrot Soup with yogurt:
Recipe: http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1973626

I'm not sure how this will turn out. I don't usually make soups like this one at home. But I figure since it can be made a day ahead- if it doesn't turn out that good I can toss it.

Asparagus and Spring Greens Salad with Gorgonzola Vinaigrette:

Recipe: http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1973627

Is it just me or is it kinda scary to make a gorgonzola vinegrette at home!? But I like the idea and it sounds divine. Truth be told, it actually looks easy. Now I just hope I can find white asparagus.... maybe it's always been in the stores- I've just never looked for it.

Roasted Fingerling Potatoes and Baby Artichokes (I can't wait to eat this!):

Recipe: http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1973628

YEA....I might have to make about 5 of these - because I think I could eat that entire picture. So yummy!!!

No-Knead Overnight Parmesan and Thyme Rolls:

Recipe: http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1973629

These rolls remind me of the Pillsbury bread sticks rolled up. I'm wondering if I could make a parmesean and herb mix and just roll it into the Pillsbury bread sticks. I'm thinking that might be easier.

And to finish off this feast, I've ordered a honey baked ham. Only a quarter though since I think 3 people will be eating it. For those of you who know me well, I will not be eating the ham. I'm a vegetarian. I'm what's considered a lacto-ovo-vegetarian. I still eat eggs and dairy. But to be honest, I'm slowly starting to incorporate more soy and less dairy. But no ham for me. I believe being a vegetarian is like a religion. You can't force people into it. People have to choose it. So in my house I offer both vegetarian dishes and meat dishes. I hope my kids become vegetarians, purely for health reasons but I think they need to grow up with a turkey on the table at Thanksgiving. I'm sure I've just started an issue with many vegetarians, sorry. Just trying to be the best mom I can be. And that means giving my kids an option.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails