Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A Day at the Botanical Gardens

Usually I'm not the garden type. Don't get me wrong- I love going to Home Depot and picking up flowers and plants and planting them. Once they're planted it's instant gratification. But I'm not usually the type who goes for a stroll through the city gardens.


It's extremely difficult to find peace while pushing a 75 lb. stroller while my two year old is screaming that she has to go potty. Yea. Not really a place I visit often.... plus, I try to not ruin it for other people.


Well, it turns out that the Encinitas Botanical Gardens (recently re-named the San Diego Botanical Gardens) has a huge kid area. And it's free the first Tuesday of the month. I'm all about free kid stuff. This place was amazing. I didn't get a whole lot of time to stroll through the flowers and plants but the ones I did see were really beautiful. And their kid area was like a museum.... a kid museum, not The Louvre type. Absolutely amazing! I really liked the random sculptures placed in the plants (yes, like the picture above). They made me laugh. I saw the art - but I found it funny that they were in plants. I don't know why, but they made me laugh.


If you're in the area I highly recommend going. The parking is only $2.00....deal! It was a wonderful day for all of us and the best part about visiting a place like that is it definitely counts as the days workout. If I managed to go to the gardens, you should too! Go and check out some of the beauty that your city has to offer- you might enjoy it! I did :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails