Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Spilling Secrets- Baking

For those of you who follow my bakery blog: http://beccasbluebakery.blogspot.com/. I just finished up a microphone cake for a customer. That is why I have not been able to create my paper bag craft.


I'm not sure how many of you have tried to achieve grey and black icing at home. It's not easy. It's actually quite easy to obtain a purplish grey. But getting a true grey??? Want to know the secret?? You have to use silver. If you use black you'll end up with a purple tone. But silver has a bluish undertone that will give you that "true grey". Now about black.... I think it's easier than grey personally. All you have to do is use a black food coloring gel. I use gels a lot because it won't dilute the frosting whether it's buttercream or royal icing. You can buy gels at your local craft store. Hope that helps all you bakers out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails