Here's my list of sick day suggestions:
1) Pull out the Legos. I love Legos. Kids can build with those for hours.
2) Make popsicles... or just pull some out of the freezer. Either way it makes kids happy and gets liquids into the sick ones.
3) Watch movies with popcorn. There's something about popcorn that makes movies better- don't you think??
4) Color. I know, this is standard. I pull out the Crayola Wonder markers and let my kids color while sitting on the couch. This way the sick one can still color and rest. If you don't know- Crayola Wonder markers only work on special paper- the kids can rub the markers on the couch with no affect whatsoever.
5) Playdough ....... as a last resort. I'm not sure if I'm the only mom who's not so fond of Playdough. In my defense, the stuff gets crumbly after a while and gets all over the place. And it honestly is a pain to pick it out of the carpet.
If all of the above ideas fail, here's some unusual ideas:
1) Dye paper with tea and make a pirate treasure map with your kids- they can pick out a treasure to place at the end.
2) Fill a shoe box with items. Cut a hole in the side. Have your child try to guess what items he/she is feeling in the box without looking inside.
3) Place different types of beans in a large bowl. Get small bowls and spoons for the kids. Ask them to separate out the different types. For some reason my kids find this activity fun, your might too.
Ok. Off I go to pull out some popsicles :) Wish me luck!!!