Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A New Taste for an old Favorite

I love oil and balsamic vinegar. It's one of my favorite things in life. Along with a really good glass of wine and some outstanding food. I recently came across some interesting flavors in oils and vinegars. I came across Lucero. If you're wondering who they are visit their website: http://lucerooliveoil.com . They are Californian olive growers and have produced some award winning oils. And they have some surprising flavors in their repertoire. Some flavors of their oils include Lemon (which I purchased) and mandarin. And here's where it gets really interesting. Flavors for their balsamic vinegars include: blueberry, fig, red apple, peach and wild cherry. I purchased the blueberry. It's not overpowering, just a hint of blueberry flavor. It goes amazingly well with the lemon olive oil. I must say I have never tried that flavor combination before when pertaining to oils and vinegars. It's heavenly. It made my weeknight meal feel like an escape. And anything that can do that is worth sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails