Saturday, December 19, 2009

Tis the Season

If your house is anything like mine- it's filled to the brim with holiday decorations. I just love Christmas and all the fun decorations. My husband loves some of the decorations too. I say some because 11 months out of the year he complains about the space in the garage being taken up by all my decorations. But...they aren't going anywhere. In fact, over the next couple years I'll probably have to get another tub because my "collection" is still growing. I have not informed him of this yet...but soon enough I'm sure I'll have to have that discussion.


Last night I pulled out all the wrapping paper and decorative gift bags. This is the part of Christmas that stresses me out. I'm not sure why, but I don't really enjoy wrapping presents. Not sure what that says about me - but I'm just like that. I feel the same about laundry. It's not really a difficult task - I just don't find it "enjoyable". hmmm.... I'll have to think about that more.


Well, this morning was slightly disastrous when the kids came down and descended on the wrapping accessories. There was a lot of "don't touch that" and "no jumping" some "Kaden put that ribbon down now". It was lovely...... yea. In addition to that- my little princess who is a little over 2 is potty training and decided to pee on the carpet. Uuughhh. I was just glad she didn't pee on any gifts - lol.... but I'm so serious. Mental note: after the holidays, I'm buying a new rug for the family room. I figure with little kids and a great dane it's necessary to buy a new rug about once every other year...at least.


But with all the chaos it's still my favorite time of the year. And over this next week I'm going to sit back and enjoy a lot of it. Even though my great dane is using my wrapping tub as a head rest and the presents that the kids wrapped slightly resemble crumpled trash- it's all precious. I'm savoring every moment.... because it only comes once a year!

1 comment:

  1. I can't say I'm surprised that you don't like wrapping. I think you might be more of an unwrapper instead. You always do a nice job, though! Good luck with the chaos. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails