Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Finding the Perfect Tree


One very special traditions in our house is finding the perfect Christmas tree. When I say perfect, I don't mean specific measurements. Just one that looks full, healthy and one the kids "approve" of. So we all get bundled up and hop in the car and drive down the street to the local Home Depot. Haha... guess it doesn't sound quite so picturesque. The important thing is that the kids are so excited to pick a tree out. And yes- I'm sure we could drive up to the mountains to cut down our own....but Home Depot happens to have really great prices :)

So first we had to pick out a tree. Which turned out not to take that long. My husband happens to have a great eye for trees. So once the kids pick one out, then we have to run it past Daddy. Which is a good thing- because once he holds them up I realize that the ones I like usually have large holes.


Then our tree gets all bundled up and attached to the top of our car. While my husband does a great job securing the tree, we wait in the car :) I'd like to say I have him trained nicely, but once he realized I was sitting in the car he made me get out and hold a string. Which seemed utterly pointless. But the tree got home safely, so I can't complain. And I must say, I think it's a great tree.

2 comments:

  1. We got out tree at home depot last night too. I'm usually very picky but this year Kevin stood up the first 6-7 foot tree and I said...I'll take it! He knew i wasn't feeling very well if I wasn't picky about a tree....LOL! You're tree looks perfect indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm sure yours is great too! Besides- once the ornaments and lights go on it- it looks amazing regardless of big gaps or holes :D Don't you love the home depot trees?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails