Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Chili Weather

It's stormy outside. Rainy, windy and cold. I was reminded of my childhood and those amazingly yummy comfort foods that I crave on days like today. Guess what's for lunch? Chili! I'm not sure why I don't make chili more often-- it's so easy. And sooooo yummy! Well, I dove in and made it today- not sure if my kids would really eat it..... no worries, I will. It turned out so good. We topped ours with some shredded cheddar cheese and Fritos (just like my mom would make for me as a kid). And the most amazing thing is my 4 year old ate almost all of it! My 2 year old only ate the chips....whatever. I ate all of mine! :D hahaha. For our chili I substituted ground beef for ground turkey and it was so yummy! You have to try it!


Recipe for Chili (it's so simple it's sad):
1 lb. ground beef
1 can Hunts diced tomatoes with Chili seasoning
1 can chili beans (pinto beans in a chili sauce)

Ta-Da! Just brown up your meat. Then add in the tomatoes and beans and simmer a few minutes and your done. Throw in some cheese to the pot to thicken up the chili a little bit. It's so simple! Feel free to try your own creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails