Sunday, December 13, 2009

Holiday Stress

This time of year it seems like so many people out there are in a hurry and just down right obnoxious. You wouldn't think that two suburban moms would roll up their sleeves and get ready for a throw down over a parking spot- but I swear that is whats going on in the parking lots! It's insanity! All these people are in such a hurry to buy the perfect gift or trying to squeeze in too many activities. Kinda makes you want to pull your hair out!

But try to remember the reason for the season... take some time to just enjoy the holidays! Do you remember what it was like when you were a kid and the tangible magic in the air. I don't remember being bussed around from activity to activity. But I do remember sitting at home with my mom making sugar cookies. And I remember waiting for the big night to arrive. There are so many wonderful things about the month of December and if we try to do to much we'll miss out on them completely. I'm going to try to be a little bit lazier in the next few days. I'm going to get down on the floor (without thinking about cleaning it) and play with the kids more. No more stressing for me -- oops were my fingers crossed? Ok- I'll try to relax and not stress so much. Let's enjoy this magical time and no more fights over parking spots ladies! .....seriously... it's kinda embarrassing to watch. Kinda entertaining....but that's not the point.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails