Monday, January 18, 2010

Rainy Day Spotlight on "Griffin and Sabine"


One of my all time favorite book series is by Nick Bantock. It's called the "Griffin and Sabine" series. Nick Bantock is an amazing artist and these books combine art and literature in an amazing way. These books are truly unlike any other. The books take you on an amazing journey of art, love and adventure. He's also thrown in a sneaky villain that makes it impossible to put these books down. The artwork is stunning. Every page is a feast for your eyes.


One of my favorite things is that you actually open envelopes and take out what appear to be hand written letters. If you've ever wanted to sneak through your grandmother's attic and find love letters and read them- then these books are for you!

I've had these books for years and I find myself cozied up on the couch reading them time and time again. Each time I read these books I discover something new and take away a little something too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails