Saturday, August 21, 2010

Jack Skellington Cake in buttercream

This cake was for a customer's husband's birthday. I thought it was fun, definitely different than my typical birthday cakes. And I love Halloween so this was a little bit of a treat for me to be able to do something like this. Anyway...the cake is a chocolate cake with oreo crumb filling and vanilla buttercream filling. It started out covered in smooth buttercream and I piped on all the details- this part took a long time. 


Aside from taking a few breaks for hand cramps it went really smoothly. And the finished cake looks like this:


 Around the sides of the cake are quotes from the movie "The Nightmare Before Christmas". They say "What's this? What's this?" and "I can't believe my eyes!" Both are memorable quotes from the movie.


Baking Secret: To achieve the right shade of black buttercream- use cocoa powder and black gel food coloring. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I don't know to much of repostery, but.. Can you give me this recipe? is for my best friend :D .
    Sorry if my english sucks,I'm Mexican. Anyway I love your cake!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails