Monday, April 19, 2010

San Diego Perks

A definite perk of living in San Diego is that if you live here long enough you get to know some famous people. My hubby somehow gets to know a lot of them because he's in the shipping business in a very nice part of town. One day I told my hubby that I wanted to skateboard again. I must have been feeling rambunctious that day! It's been maybe 10 years or so since I've been on a skateboard. Well, he says "I'll ask a friend if he has any extra boards." I'm thinking yea right... I say"who?" He says, "I'll ask Bucky Lasek." I'm thinking are you joking me?! Do you even know him? But I just say, "o...kay" while trying not to let any sarcasm creep into my tone. Guess what, a few weeks later my hubby, Jordan walks in the door with two signed skateboards by Bucky Lasek. WOW! Insert mental image of me standing in the kitchen with my mouth hanging open like a codfish.


We put trucks, which are basically the wheels, on one. We mounted the other one on the wall. It's now a conversation piece, and I have to say, I think it's a pretty cool one at that!

2 comments:

  1. We need to see some tricks from you now. Maybe you can ollie over a few trashcans or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! You have way too much faith in me! :D I'm still just trying to not fall on my butt... I feel so old!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails