Monday, November 23, 2009

Cupcakes galore!


In addition to all the crazy Thanksgiving "stuff" I still have my other job. No, I'm not talking about being a mom- that's just understood as a permanent part of me. Nope, I'm talking about my bakery. I've been really busy with all the orders for Pumpkin Pies, Pecan Tassies and Pumpkin Tea Cakes. But in the mix of all that, people are still having birthdays.
Yesterday I spent basically all afternoon making Pecan Tarts. Then I spent maybe 2 hours making my double vanilla cupcakes. But then I had to stop because my husband and I had a date planned. Which was so much fun! We went to BJ's Restaurant and Brewery. Then, we went to go see the "New Moon" movie. When it got out we came home and I started whipping up some chocolate buttercream. I finished at 2:30 in the morning. But it was worth it to have a weekend night to go out. Just a fyi: the weekends are the busiest time for the bakery since that's when everyone has events going on. So I work through the weekends - usually.
Last night my hubby stepped up to the plate, then he totally took out the plate. He stayed up with me and helped put on some polka dots. That is beyond the call of husbandly duty! And it helped keep my energy up. As busy as I am and as much as I do - I couldn't do it without my friends and family who are always there for me. The reason that I can reach for my dreams and live them is because of the love and support of others. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails