Friday, July 16, 2010

On The Back Patio



The heat is continuing to rise here in San Diego. And the humidity is up too. If you can believe it we had a real summer storm last night. The thunder clouds moved in late in the afternoon and the showers started soon after. And even though it was raining, the a/c stayed on in this house. And by 9 this morning the clouds were gone, the sun was out and our a/c had already kicked on. It feels very comfortable in the house but the second I opened the door to take the trash out, I felt like I had walked into a sticky hot, hot wall of air. Not a very comfortable feeling at all. I have a feeling we'll be spending a lot of time in the pool this summer. But one of my favorite parts of summer are the nights. The sunsets are so gorgeous this time of year. There is nothing better than sitting on the patio with a good glass of wine and just unwinding from the day.

(yes, I did drink the one on the right- had to "test" it for you)

And I was just introduced to some new wine called Cupcake. Perfect for me, a baker! Actually if you go to this wine's website: http://www.cupcakevineyard.com/ they have cupcake recipes to pair with your wine! Recipes on their website include:

*Lemon and Rosemary Cupcakes with Toasted Hazelnuts (pairs perfectly with Cupcake Vineyards Reisling)

*Dried Fig, Walnut and Cinnamon Cupcakes with Orange Zest (pairs perfectly with Cupcake Vineyards
Sauvignon Blanc)

*Chocolate Blueberry Cupcakes (pairs perfectly with Cupcake Vineyards Malbec)


I might have to bake some of these cupcakes. Wouldn't it be fun to throw a cupcake & wine tasting party?! Oooo- yum!!!



3 comments:

  1. This sounds really yummy. I will have to keep an eye out the next time I'm at the store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it would be fun and I would come :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :D Yay! I'm definitely going to have to do this sometime- once the wedding season calms down :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails